I had a big surprise waiting for me in my inbox. The wonderful meaningful mommy nominated me for a Liebster Award! As I am fairly new to the blogging world, I had no idea what this was. According to her:
It is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is a way to hopefully get your blog out there to share all it has to offer.
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.3. No Tag backs.4. Nominations must have under 200 followers.5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.“
So even though this is a non-achievement award, I’m still pretty stoked. Not only because she has a great blog, but because I’m nominated with many other wonderful bloggers! Now it’s time to do my part. Here are my (not so elegant) Q&A answers:
1. What inspired your blog name? Being thrown into the world of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Parents
2. Do you have any hopes to write & publish a book? I wouldn’t say no, but I would have to be writing with a purpose.
3. What do you love about writing? A wonderful way to let out my thoughts, so I can sleep a little better at night.
4. If you were stranded on an island with only one book what would it be? Worst question ever!! Am I allowed to make a raft and bring all of my favorites??? I can’t pick just one! (it’ll hurt the other ones feelings).
5. What is your favorite blog to read? Message With a Bottle – this man is brilliant!
6. Have you been awarded any awards before? Does a customer service award count?
7. What is your biggest challenge when writing? Making all of my thoughts coherent (sort of).
8. What is your favorite T.V. show? Oh…. oh so many… Castle, Firefly, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Grey’s Anatomy (♫and it goes on and on my friends♫)
9. If you could interview anyone (deceased or living) who would it be? My Great-grandma Owen. She always had amazing stories about growing up, and I wish I had appreciated it more as a kid.
10. What is one of your favorite quotes? “If you don’t like what is being said, then change the conversation” – Don Draper, Mad Men
Wow. So glad I don’t have to give an acceptance speech… that was rough.
(insert Grammy announcer voice) Ladies and Gentleman. The nominees are…
- Ceris, a.k.a
- A Conceivable Dream
- Big Trouble in Little Nappies
- The Bespectacled Mother
- Everyday a Choice
- The Adventure of a Life
- Live. Life. Love.
So, tell us a little about yourselves!! Here are my interview questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you do like to do in your free time (assuming you have any 🙂 )?
- Most unexpected thing about being a parent?
- When do you blog?
- What/Who most inspires you as a person?
- What is your go-to recipe?
- Do you have a personal mantra, and if so, what is it?
- What is your favorite store?
- Must-have baby product, what is yours?
- You have the chance to stop at your favorite drink place (coffee, tea, soda, etc.), which place and what is your drink order?
There is no time limit, so take your time (I certainly did). I hope you all accept and look forward to reading more from each of you!!